Thursday 30 April 2015

31 poems in 30 days. Napowrimo.

31 poems in 30 days.
Napowrimo.

Has it been good?
Has it been fun?
Successful? Now that it’s done?

We’ll assess success...
I certainly was up to the test.
Managed a sizeable poem every day,
Not always the best; I’ll admit and say.
But I did it.
And feel quite smug.
I really caught the writing bug.

But.
There was a decided lack of credit.
Now, I don’t look for praise and don’t often get it...
Truth is – I was amongst hundreds of other participants
And so, I got lost, I didn’t really ever stand much chance.

I think.
But I’m not really sure.
That I wrote a couple of bits that were
Really quite good.
Didn’t I deserve more hits?
For those good bits?
Whatever.

And as for participant of the day.
Managing a four syllable landay
And an eight word gomolotay
Again. Whatever .  Nuff said.

I really enjoyed the challenge. And thank you all.
All told 7500 odd words (often quite)
My apologies if I wasn’t always polite.


Dave Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment