Thursday 2 April 2015

Knight in shining armour 2nd

Knight in shining armour
That’s what I am
Who galloped into your life astride
A white steed.
Excellent, gallant me indeed.
With silver agleam armour and a sword and lance
You couldn’t resist.... you had no chance.

For my cutting sword I had a ready smile
My lance was warmth and a gentle guile.
My armour was but the caring me and while
We talked and talked and laughed a mile.
With my love I slayed your lone dragon
(which was dying anyway)
And I whisked you off to another life:
In a tornado of compassion.

Is that how it was?
Was I really that bold knight of old?

Or did I plod and bumble about..
Unsure, unconvincing and with lots of doubt
Not galloping... not vital and focussed...
But just letting it happen..  because we wanted it?

I was not your knight in shining armour.
I did not abduct you into a land of riches
To a life of a princess and contentment ever.
No, that wasn’t me, no, never.

It was just me bumbling about.
I am just me.

But if you want virtuous and true
And a love that is forever for you.   Forever.
And romance, honour, fun and humour.
Forsooth! Fair maiden for sures..
I am not a knight in shining armour, but I am yours.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, how sweet - I'm touched :) You are a knight at heart...Jx

    ReplyDelete