Wednesday 1 April 2015

Went for a bike ride today 1st

Went for a bike ride today
Not such a remarkable thing to say
Well, considering...
My perpetual back ache, my hernia lump
And that I’m getting old (well, nearly)
I’m feeling quite smug (well, clearly)

Along the Greenway, a measured 9k
Pedalling up the hill 1:3
Certainly wasn’t easy for me
It was the first time in ages..
And let’s face it; pumping up the tyres is easier
Than pumping up the enthusiasm
Well, considering...
I don’t cycle very well (bit dangerous me)

Arse over head she went
Hey! It wasn’t my fault
Dogs were running around
Boisterous, so playful... collision
She went flying over
Got up, brushed herself down... decision
Accepted my ‘ok?’
And stiff British upper lip
Went on her way. (fair play!)

Hedges just in bud abound
Daffs and blossom all around
Was a lovely Spring in England day
But that cold North wind! What to say?
It’s April... not Januaray!
Why don’t you just go away!!



No comments:

Post a Comment