Friday 24 April 2015

Over the hill?

Over the hill?                                                                      (ANNOYED/VEHEMENTLY)
What do you mean over the hill?
I could still race you to that tree over there... yeah?
Or make it 5K away..
Bet you wouldn’t even make it... I would!

Over the hill?
What do you mean over the hill?
Give me your Morry’s shopping list.
Make it 30 items, say..
And I could add it up in my head.
Bet you couldn’t even do that... I could!

Over the hill?

Oh!... You mean that hill over there?...                                  (OOPS!  SUDDEN CALM)
Oh!  I see what you mean... ah... yes...
               
There’s always a new challenge.
I always want to see what’s over the next hill..
What is in the next town; the next country.
I want to see it all.

I have spreadsheets. Oh yes, I do spreadsheets.
Austria: fly to Salzburg; Alp around; then train to Vienna and Schloss abound.
Sweden: fly to Stockholm; then train to Tromso; arctic circle and surround.
Canada: Fly to Montreal  only  £425 return.
Youth hostels all the way. Oh yes. I prefer that type of stay.
All-adventuring me. Sometimes, when I can afford...
Alone travelling and blogging.
As I go.
And yes. I’m afraid of going over the hill...

But.
Just because I’ve lost my hair.
And my back creaks: just there...
And I have trouble remembering the right words and where
They go.
Doesn’t mean that....
Umm... er... what was I saying?                                                 (LOST FOR WORDS)




No comments:

Post a Comment