Sunday 12 April 2015

65 million years ago, I lived just here

65 million years ago, I lived just here..
Down Cretaceous Way.
I’m only young, just a puposaurus
My mum calls me
And one day I’ll have a spikyback, just like she.

My name is Alfie
And I like to play with stones
That are round and roll and spin.
I make up games and play by myself,
That way I always win.

And I try and catch big juicy dragonflies,
You know, the ones with the great bulging eyes..
I like to squash and eat ugly beetles too...
I’m sure it’s just the game for you.

In our neck of the woods that stretch down the river and onto the plain,
There used to be lots and lots of us.
Now, not that many do remain
In the winter icy ages of old: it really gets so cold
And we die.

I have lots of cousins,
Lots bigger than me.
With long, long necks
And rows and rows of jagged teeth.
I don’t argue with cousin Tranny or his boys;
They get too angry and they make a noise.

I have Uncle Dons:
There’s Terry, he likes to fly a lot
And Iguana he trundles around a lot
And Dimmy, he’s got sharp teeth..but bright he’s not.

Uncle Terry he travels aways
He’s got the wanderlust he says
He flies way up and travels farther and farther...
He even once saw a mountain fire of lava
And an icthyasaurus he thought he saw
From the seashore, but he wasn’t sure.

Dad says so gloomily we’ll be extink one day
I don’t  know what he means and, well, anyway..
I just play...  by myself.
I like it best that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment